Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Guest comic in Shortpacked!

Be sure to stop by David Willis' toy webcomic Shortpacked! to see a guest comic by yours truly. Willis was soliciting guest comics due to his long convention sojurn, so I figured I'd try my hand at sending him one.

As for writing it, it was a case where I didn't want to just do some Batman or Transformers related comic. Especially since that's like shooting fish in a barrel when it comes to more random ideas for his comic. Then I remembered that we haven't seen Ninja Rick in AGES in said comic.

Oddly enough, while drawing this, I noticed Ninja Rick looks a LOT like Lupis Convoy of WTF@TFW aka @CaminitiStyle on Twitter. I'm not the only person to notice this, either. The current going theory is there's some kind of Lup/Counterlup relationship re: Lupis/Ninja Rick.

Anyway, check out the comic here! http://shortpacked.com/d/20090730.html

EDIT: Before I forget, credit to SecretCode (@p2wsecretcode) for helping me Narutoize the dialogue!

EDIT2: I still have no idea where this falls re: personal canon (as in, does it count or not given it's a guest comic?) There ARE tenuous ties to my own comic, but am I that much of a canon-nazi to graft it onto the rapidly growing Yggdrassil that is my canon?

No comments:

Post a Comment