Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Sourcebook Time!

BT Toons - Moniker Modification
BT Toons Sourcebook - Page 1

At long last, it's finally here. Page 1 of the BT Toons Sourcebook! It's my small way of creating a jumping-on point for people who haven't read the comic before - so it's a good way to start reading this sucker. I'm going to be updating pages all week (not sure about the weekend yet, but I might do that as well), so enjoy all the extra comics.

As for certain points. As you may have noticed, I have now officially retconned GT's name to Mew in the comic. This may make little sense to people, but the predominant reason is that I wanted to. Mew is the name of that character in every other iteration I've done stuff with (I've used him in 2-3 other things, with sometimes different designs, but the same name) so I'm really returning to consistency.

Picking GT as a name in retrospect wasn't a good idea. I did it due to it being my nickname among the other site moderators (contraction of my username), and since I was using Mew as my avatar it was only natural I would use him to portray me. "General Tekno" is actually a name reference to the Technoraptor leader, who once was an extension of myself, but nowadays is a fairly different character (while Mew is a closer cariciature to what I'm actually like).

Given Tekno just got introduced to the comic, the easiest way to sidestep name confusion was to do the long-overdue name change - and make fun of clunky sudden shifts in canon details in the process. Though the canon for this comic is really starting to solidify in my head now, so odds are there will be less one-shot silly comics for a while anyway.

As for discussing the Sourcebook updates, I need something to talk about another night, don't I?

Finally, no new cool pictures tonight. I don't have anything on this computer to post sadly, so I'll just have to make up for it by taking pics another night.

No comments:

Post a Comment