Monday, October 19, 2009

Pushing Down Staircases: Masterpiece Edition

BT Toons - Dark Fission II | III

Apologies I've been neglecting this lately - I've got stuff to post about, but I've been busy.

Anyway, as for stuff from the last few weeks:

24 Hour Comic Challenge
This was very fun! Drew a 24 page comic in 24 hours - was a great oppurtunity to get to use pen and paper. Special Thanks to Jay at Happy Harbor and everyone who brought in food for my fellow cartoonists. And it's a pity that about 10 or so dropped out. But there were about 25 to start, so it was a good crowd.

Anyway, the comic I drew is in the BT Toons continuity - and more importantly, is CANON. It takes place sometime prior to the current storyline, and hints at a few things to come/reveals a couple spoilers. Except none of you are gonna get to see this book for a year or so, in all likelyhood :P

However, I DID get my pages back from the 12 hour I did in the spring. So expect to see those put up at some point as filler. I'm going to guess they'll go up next April during finals, to give myself a break. Said comic is NONcanon and I don't know if it fits into any of my established canons for that matter.

Pop Culture Fair
Meanwhile, I went to the biannual Pop Culture Fair on the weekend. Was a very fun shindig - got a few good and awesome deals on toys (which I'll save for a future blog post). Best part though was meeting up with other Edmonton Transformers fans, which only happens at major local events like these (Cybertron.ca has been a GREAT resource for the E-Town Super Friends). Probably spent almost an hour just standing around talking Transformers.

And then later in the day Racerguy76 reported that he'd found MP Skywarp (Hasbro Edition) at retail. Which surprisingly was the FIRST sighting of the figure in Canada - not only did we beat the US like with the Insecticons/Perceptor, but we beat the rest of the country, which never happens! Long story short, I now have a beautiful Hasbro MP Skywarp on my desk. And I implore any Canadian TFans who don't own the mold (or who own Starscream or Thundercracker) to pick it up, as it is only $60 CAD. Which is a PHENOMENAL price,
considering I was expecting it to cost closer to 80 bucks. These aren't going to last long.

And so, some pictures of everyone's favorite pusher of others down stairs:






No comments:

Post a Comment