Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Revenge, and One More Thing

BT Toons - Dark Fission IV
DeviantArt - Traang | Mouseking | Valkyrie

Well, what's to say this week? Not much in particular, aside from a comic plug.

Revenge of the Fallen is now out on Bluray, and it is gorgeous. THIS is what I bought a Bluray drive for, in complete seriousness. The movie looks freakin' gorgeous. I have yet to watch the special features, but I gotta say - the movie is a spectacular show - especially the battle scene in the forest between Prime, Megatron, Starscream and Grindor.

Oh - and "one more thing" - I also got the third generation 64 GB iPod Touch. Been wanting a new one ever since I filled up the 16 gigs on my first generation one. And now that I started filling up the space altogether with JUST music, I especially wanted a new one. But the main thing holding me back was what I would want engraved on it if I ordered online (seriously. I'm not kidding.) Then, when I went to Best Buy to get ROTF, I noticed that they were actually cheaper in-store than online (given Apple apparently includes the shipping cost in their online store price, thus allowing "free shipping"). So I splurged and picked it up on the spot.

Overall, the new iPod Touches are VERY nice. Having physical volume buttons is neat, and I like how the headphones now ship with a builtin mic (though hopefully some third party products do this soon now). Also, the new processor makes one HELL of a difference when web browsing - pages load up noticeably faster.

1 comment:

  1. Like I said on MSN, Skullcandy makes some very nice headphones and earbuds with built in mics. Of course, I reccomend the over ear style headphones, as they get better sound.

    ReplyDelete