Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Anime Observations

BT Toons - When Madmen Collide

So, I've been cracking open my Animethon DVD haul of late, and watching stuff.

Watched the 16 episodes of Excel Saga I had yet to see, and I'm now starting on SatAM. Ripping as I go, to store copies on my Allspark (network storage device).

Excel Saga is awesome stuff. VERY awesome stuff. Not for everyone (it's quite random) but very entertaining indeed.

Now starting in on my SatAM (Sonic the Hedgehog - the Saturday morning cartoon from the early 90s) complete series boxset. So far, so good. I love me some classic Jim Cummings Robotnik and Charlie Adler Snively ("But sir!") Given there's a LOT I haven't seen from this series, it'll be great to watch.

Only criticism so far... watching episode 3 ("Sonic and Sally") - did Ken Penders lift the robot duplicate idea from the SatAM bible or something? I know doppelgangers is a common idea, but it reminds me of the Princess Sally mini where the SAME THING HAPPENS.

No comments:

Post a Comment