Sunday, August 09, 2009

Back from Animethon!

Well, as the title suggests, I is back from a fun-filled weekend at Animethon.

Got a bunch of DVDs (some Sonic sets, Last Exile, and Excel Saga), got upset over nobody selling Revoltechs I want (I mean, really! Anyone heard of importing them from Japan?), watched some neat shows I want to check out more of down the road (Baccano and Claymore), enjoyed some Q&A panels which included Paul Dobson (Matrix from ReBoot!) and Brad Swaile (He's Light in the Funi Death Note dub - don't watch the show but he was a fun guy), saw some cosplay that was both awesome and scarring, and enjoyed the wierdness that is whatever is shown in the Room of Mystery. Plus, I ran into both people I expected to see there, and people who I hadn't seen in several years - it's always a bonus to meet up with people you haven't seen in an eternity! (And credit to those who recognised me from high school and earlier, given I didn't have a beard then.)

Best surprise: When I bought the Last Exile DVD set, the cashier, upon noticing what I was buying, said he had something for me. Turns out he had the little Alvis ministatue that came with the original boxset in the back, and he gave it to me for buying the DVD! It is an awesome little figurine - comes with a necessary stand, the coat she wears in the series at points, and the little stuffed cow that fits in her arm!

Worst moment: Overweight women should NOT be allowed to cosplay as Liz from Soul Eater. CAN NOT UNSEE.

Overall, it was a blast, and it shall be fun to go to again next year!

...now then, I still have a comic to draw for Tuesday... :( I fail at getting back into the groove, evidently.

And with that, I leave with you a quickie pic of the Alvis ministatue:

No comments:

Post a Comment