Saturday, August 22, 2009

End of an Era: RIP Metropolis Toys

So, as the title suggests, it's the end of an era for me. Metropolis Toys, the comic/collectible store 5 minutes from my house on a bike, is closing their doors today. For the last 5 years or so, it's been a great place for me to browse and buy stuff - I'm sad to see them go.

Sure, I'm getting my file moved over to one of the other stores in the chain, but still - I'd rather see Metropolis stay open. I'll miss popping in there on the way home from work and chatting with Andy about what just got announced/what's up on preorder/what's in the comic books I picked up that day (I tend to read them as soon as I buy them).

However, at least they've gone out with a bang. Namely, a 50% off EVERYTHING sale. I cleaned up pretty well, and got the following items...


-TF Movie 1 Incinerator
-TF Movie 1 Landmine
-ROTF Dune Runner
-ROTF Scalpel (as a gift)
-TF Movie 1 Trans-scanning Bumblebee
-TF Henkei Hound
-GI Joe Cobra Legions 5-pack (the one with troops in it)
-GI Joe Cobra Commander (hopefully THIS one doesn't have a nonbending right arm...)

So yeah, I did alright today, as I've done over the years (I've gotten a number of Henkei/Masterpiece/GI Joe items from there in the past). Most everything I got for original retail price minimum, which was nice.

RIP Metropolis, and good luck to Andy, the store manager, who's now moving on to other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment