Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Where's the comic? and fun with PHP/CSS

So, as people have most likely noticed, there's no new comic yet.

Obviously, this isn't a very good thing. I usually manage to keep to my schedule. So what happened? Where is the comic?

The answer: a motivation drought. Not having had that much time to pump out a comic so far this week (Yes, I COULD have done it in theory mind you) and not sure on an idea, it has managed to shoot motivation in the foot.

And now that I DO have an idea, motivation has further been slaughtered by my sidetrip into having fun with PHP/CSS. See, I on a whim decided to see if I could get the potential webserver functionality on my DNS-323 working.

Needless to say, I did. And I've since been distracted adapting my blog parser code into a pretty page. With no buffer, this is obviously a bad idea. But it hasn't stymied me unfortunately.

So, check out my fun fiddling around at http://allspark.mine.nu in the meantime, while I pull myself together to get comics out there. Since I've got all the basics I want to get working complete, hopefully this lets me pull myself back together motivationwise.

Meanwhile, in other news, Metropolis Toys, the store I've been frequenting for the last few years to acquire my comics and collectibles, is closing its doors :(. Which means I lose my convenient 5-10 minutes away-not-to-mention-on-the-way-home-and-not-far-from-a-TRU one-stop shop for neat stuff, and have to relocate my file to one of the other stores in the Happy Harbour Comics chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment